* BSR – BERNINA Stitch Regulator: The 200/730 comes with the BERNINA Stitch Regulator, or BSR for short. This presser foot ensures uniform stitch length with free-motion quilting, even at variable sewing speeds. On the 200/730, the BSR foot can even sew zigzag stitches.
* Large color touch screen: The large, centrally located color touch screen is ergonomic and displays all the vital information you need, such as stitch width and length, feed dog and needle position. It also makes on-screen editing of your embroidery motifs a breeze. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the touch screen to your personal preference.
* Multi-function buttons: Sewing and embroidery made easy: The multi-function buttons let you adjust stitch length and width. In the embroidery area you can infinitely scale, position and rotate designs, as well as working with them in the tutorial.
* Stock embroidery designs: The artista 200/730 offers a choice of over 100 embroidery designs, including floral, quilting and children’s designs. The ability to freely combine and edit designs and alphabets on-screen will give your creativity wings! Of course, there are tons of other embroidery designs available free on the internet or for purchase from many sources. The Bernina web site even offers some to download free.
* CFL sewing light: The built-in BERNINA sewing light illuminates the sewing area around the needle with bright-as-day, shadow-free light.
* Thread cutter: With the artista 200/730, the thread end is automatically cut off after you finish embroidering a color in a design. Needle and bobbin thread can also be cut simultaneously at the press of a button in the sewing, darning and quilting modes. It will also warn you when the bobbin is getting low on thread.
* Favorite Function button: The Favorite Function button is freely programmable for your most frequently used function, and can also be called up via the touchscreen. Plus you can save other stitches with your changes to a Favorites section!
* FHS Free-Hand System: The knee-operated lifter lets you raise the presser foot and lower the feed dogs at the same time, leaving your hands free to guide the fabric. Try it even though it may seem strange at first . . . you'll like it! I can't sew without mine.
* Infinitely adjustable presser foot pressure: Stepless control of presser foot pressure lets you optimize and adjust the even fabric feed. This helps you achieve the perfect seam with all thicknesses of fabric, from coarse to delicate.
* USB port and USB memory stick: This comes with the BERNINA USB memory stick – including a wealth of embroidery designs! – for exchanging data between your embroidery computer and PC.
* Multi-directional stitching (4 or 16 directions) and sideways-motion built-in embroidery stitches - as a result of this, there are a number of oversized embroidery designs you can stitch out on the machine, no need to even use the embroidery unit for them.
* 855 stitches, 10 alphabets, and nearly 100 built-in embroidery designs
* Feet included: BSR, 1c reverse pattern foot (standard foot) 9mm, 2a over lock foot, 3c buttonhole foot, 4 zipper foot, 5 blindstitch foot, 8 jeans foot, 18 button-sew-on foot, 20C open-toe embroidery foot, 40c sideways motion foot, and 15 embroidery foot.