OV528 RS232 Serial Camera
A. General Description
The RS232 module is a highly integrated serial camera board that can be attached to a wireless or PDA host performing as a video camera or a JPEG compressed still camera. It provides a serial interface (RS-232) and JPEG compression engine to act as a low cost and low powered camera module for high resolution serial bus security system or PDA accessory applications.
1. Small in size, low cost and low powered (3.3V) camera module for high resolution serial bus security system or PDA accessory applications.
2. On-board EEPROM provides a command based interface to external host via RS-232.
3. UART: 115.2Kbps for transferring JPEG still pictures or 160x128 preview at 8bpp with 0.75fps.
4. On board OmniVision OV7640/8 VGA color sensor.
5. Built-in JPEG CODEC for different resolutions.
6. Built-in down sampling, clamping and windowing circuits for VGA, QVGA, 160x120 or 80x60 image resolutions.
7. Built-in color conversion circuits for 2-bit gray, 4-bir gray, 8-bit gray, 8-bit RGB, 12-bit RGB, 16-bit RGB or standard JPEG preview images.
8. No external DRAM required.
C. System Configuration
1. Camera Sensor
This module uses OmniVision OV7640/8 VGA color digital CameraChips with an 8-bit YCbCr interface.
2. OV528 Serial Bridge
The OV528 Serial Bridge is a JPEG CODEC embedded controller chip that can compress and transfer image data from CameraChips to external device. The OV528 takes 8-bit YCbCr 422 progressive video data from an OV7640/8 CameraChip. The camera interface synchronizes with input video data and performs down-sampling, clamping and windowing functions with desired resolution, as well as color conversion that is requested by the user through serial bus host commands.
The JPEG CODEC can achieve higher compression ratio and better image quality for various image resolutions.
3. Program EEPROM
A serial type program memory is built-in for RS232 cctv camera to provide a set of user-friendly command interfacing to external host.
D. Pin Description
Vcc Power 5 to 12 VDC
TxD Data Transmit
RxD Data Receive
GND Power Ground
E. The module is sitting on an ironic cover with IR.