GASIFIERS- (Pyrolyzers) A non-conventional, Co-Generation, Renewable energy source, a Green Project receiving Govt. Of India backing, utilizes Municipal Solid Waste / Biomass as fuel, viz.- waste wood, saw dust, furniture waste wood, bagasse, rice husk, Coconut Shells, thermocol, waste plastic, rubber, tyres, leather, Coal etc.
Max.Output of a single Unit- 04 Mega Watts.
For higher requirements multiple Units can be commissioned
GASIFICATION It is a thermo-chemical process that converts solid waste, coal to a low heat value (LHV) gaseous fuel called Producer Gas. This producer gas is fuel for many different applications of shaft power, thermal power or electricity in the equipment like, IC engines, furnaces, kilns, dryers, rolling mills and heat treatment equipment.
The equipment to be utilized is the new generation Gasifier a modified version developed recently to obtain clean, rich and consistent supply of Producer Gas which has better calorific values (1000 -1400K.Cal/NM3) with minimum contents of soots and smoke formed by cracking of Tar with higher gasification efficiency and low coal consumption rate. Further Volatile Matter contents of the coal are converted into fix carbon which on gasification increases the Calorific Value of Gas & reduces fuel consumption and increases the overall efficiency of gasification. The modified design has been developed by consistent R&D at Bijendra by incorporating new modifications to get better viability of Gasifiers.
The in-line ESPs or Electro static precipitators help in total removal of tar developed in the process of Pyrolysis.FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- The producer gas generated in the Pyro-Gasifier has higher Calorific Value in the range of 1000-1400 K.Cal/NM3 which is suitable for getting high flame temperature in the range of 1200-1400°C as required by most of the thermal processe.
- Tar Content in the gas by pyro-gasification is nil. The gas temperature is @150°C, delivering gas of higher calorific value to result in higher gasification efficiency and lower coal consumption rate.
- There is no effluent output in the process. The washing of gas is done with hot (70-80° C) re-circulated water which separates out the solid impurities & Tar to some extent in liquid form which can be burnt in the furnace for giving extra energy to combustion.
- The in-line ESPs or Electro Static Precipitators innovated by us, help in total removal of Tar & Ash from the gas produced during the process of pyrolysis.
- Due to ultra clean gas, the occurrence of choking of the burner filter and duct pipes is negligible, resulting in increase in productivity and minimal cleaning interruptions in the process.
- Extremely Low Particulates and smoke emission, even lesser than Pollution Control board norms, due to the complete direct firing of Producer Gas.
- Worldwide accepted, subsidized, environment friendly Renewable Energy technology.
- Very early payback period.
The Gasifier based Plants have a distinct advantage over the coal fired conventional Turbine type Plants.
- The conventional power plants with steam Turbine are highly polluting as Coal is burnt to fire the boiler and lot of gases in the form of smoke are emitted whereas in the Gasifier based Power Plant, no gases are emitted and the Gas produced by the cracking of coal by heat in the absence of Oxygen is fed directly into the engine after cleaning it thoroughly & whole of the process is ecofriendly.
- There is a loss of energy in operating a Turbine by steam as compared to feeding the Gas produced by the gasifier into the engine which is more efficient.
- The whole setup with the conventional Turbines is much more expensive as compared to the Gasifier based Power Plant.
- In the conventional Turbine & Boiler type Power Plant the fuel to be used is Coal ONLY. Whereas in the Gasifier type Power Plant, any type of bio-mass can be used as fuel. Brief details are given ahead.
- The cost per unit of the Gasifier based Power Plant after accounting for Maintenance, Operation & other over heads does not exceed Rs.3.00P per Unit of Electricity.
In a Gasifier based Power Plant, where the load is constant pure gas can be fed to the engines with the help of a Microprocessor based, Furnace Oil to gas conversion device manufactured by us, but in case of variable or a jerk load viz.- Furnace in a Steel Plant, or any other such item, dual-fuel engine operation starts. The dual fuel engine runs purely on gas but when a sudden load is activated or a machine starts the engine then automatically runs on 80% on gas and 20% on Furnace Oil /L.D.O. for a short duration only & reverts back to Gas mode when the load becomes constant.
The whole system is extremely fuel-efficient in terms of running cost, & is minimal as compared to a purely heavy fuel (H.F.O) or diesel based Power Plant.